General Club Information
About the club
Hereford Radio Car Club originated in 1987 and the the current venue is now at Wellington, where meetings are held every two weeks, racing 1/12th oval cars. To find out details of the next meeting see our 'Calendar Page'. You can also find out what type of cars and classes we race on the 'Classes Raced' page.
The club is BRCA affiliated, which means that its members can also become BRCA members. This is required of racers when taking part in BRCA sanctioned events (such as the BRCA Oval Nationals, as hosted by the club in March 2013). It also provides the club and its members with third party insurance, should any incidents concerning racers happen to visiting spectators (for example) or any other issues.
The BRCA provide rules and regulations for racers, allowing them to buy recommended and safe equipment, and to also have a level playing field when running cars to set dimensions and classes. The BRCA EB (Electric Board) is also very strict with the latest Li-Po Batteries concerning safety and charging, and both NiMH & Lipo Batteries are only allowed on certain specified lists. These lists also cover Brushed and Brushless motors. You can read about on the BRCA Electric Board website.
Club Night Schedule
Club Nights generally follow the following schedule:
- 6.30-7.00pm:- Doors Open, club members arrive and start laying out the track
- 7.00-7.15pm:- Booking in for drivers
- 7.00-7.30pm:- Open Practice
- 7.30-7.45pm:- Qualifying starts: 1st heat on the line
- 9.30-9.45pm:- Finals start: Time to RACE!
- 9.45-10.00pm:- Pack kit away, and finish.
Race Timing and Lap counting
We have the latest AMBrc system, with laptop computer, which means we can use Personal Transponders (known as PT's). Do not worry if you do not have a PT however as we provide hand out transponders to those club members and visitors. A piece of self adhesive velcro will be provided to hold the transponder securely inside the car.
:: click on images for larger view ::
Club Membership and Race Fees
Club Membership consists of two parts:
- 1 - Hereford Radio Car Club Annual Fee:- TBA
- 2 - BRCA Annual Membership:- £17.00 (includes 3rd Party Insurance)
If you are already a full BRCA member, or BRCA member through another club, you only pay £3.00 if you wish to be a member of Hereford Radio Car Club.
Download a PDF version of the BRCA Membership Form for HRCC.
Club Night Race Fee's
- 1 - HRCC Junior Members (16 and Under) Fees:- £3.50
- 2 - HRCC Adult Members Fees:- £5.00
- 3 - Fees (Additional Class) Junior:- £1.50
- 4 - Fees (Additional Class) Adult:- £2.50
- 5 - Non Member Fees:- £5.00